Greatresponder.com on Nov 19, 2012: Lightning-Base announced the public availability of its managed WordPress web hosting in Europe; where providing faster response times and a local regulatory environment for European firms and individuals. Lightning Base has opened to new clients its WordPress hosting service in Frankfurt, Germany, This location uses the same highly available configuration on which Lightning Base’s US location currently runs and offers clients faster connections to Europe, Africa, the MiddleEast & Western Asia.
“Lightning Base serves a global client base, and has seen increasing demand for WordPress hosting in Europe. Although our included CDN mitigates some of the disadvantage of a distant server, our Frankfurt system will provide for lightning-fast response times throughout Europe and nearby locations” said Chris Piepho, founder of Lightning Base. “We hope to continue adding locations over the coming year to better serve clients in all parts of the world.”
The Frankfurt location offers response times to European cities that are approximately one tenth of a second faster than those from Lightning Base’s US servers. Businesses will also benefit from their data remaining in the EU, potentially circumventing concerns regarding privacy and data protection in another jurisdiction. European customers will continue to benefit from Lightning Base’s CDN, with edge points throughout the continent, and geographically distributed DNS service, which includes a London node for fast DNS resolution. The company will also be upgrading its client area and releasing a new email service for WordPress hosting clients in the coming weeks.
- The ability for clients to automatically unblock their IP from Lightning Base firewalls by logging into the client area.
- A new, redundant and easily-scaled hardware configuration.
- A system status site offering clients information regarding any issues, and a public uptime page offering prospective customers a view into the service’s reliability.
Existing customers can have their WordPress sites migrated to the new European location by opening a ticket and requesting a transfer. New clients can easily select the location while signing up for service on the Lightning Base website. WordPress sites hosted in Germany will be charged the same competitive rates currently provided to US customers.
- Microsoft Invests $3 Billion to Improve Customer Trust in Cloud - October 6, 2016
- Collab9 Certified as First FedRAMP Authorized Cloud Based Utility Service Provider - August 22, 2016
- Spotify Switches Its Operations onto Google’s Cloud - February 25, 2016